Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Image Credit: Paul Kolnik After a warm reception in Chicago this past spring, the musical adaptation of Tim Burton's phantasmagorical 2003 ...
Inserting a soccer stadium into the green lungs of Queens County is not an incursion of the Yankees into Mets territory, nor is it an invasion of the dangerously furrin sport of soccer into sacred American territory. For that matter, nobody should be horrified at the investment of overseas money into a New York sports team ...
KEY WEST, Fla. -- Authorities in the Florida Keys are searching for a man who went missing during a boating trip.The Monroe County Sheriff's Office reports that the U.S. Coast Guard detected 40-year-old Jay Wesley Rydberg's emergency beacon May 14 at 4:13 a.m. During a 78-hour search, Rydberg's beacon was found 33 miles north of Key West, but there were no signs Rydberg or his ...
SPRAGUE, Wash. — The Lincoln County sheriff's office says a man is dead after a boating accident on Sprague Lake about 35 miles west of Spokane. KHQ-TV reports ( http://is.gd/FNJeNv) that the sheriff's office says officers responding to a Tuesday afternoon report of two people washed ashore at the lake found a man and woman. The man was dead at the scene. The woman was taken to ...
The Grey [Blu-Ray]
After the deliberately cartoonish hyperbole of Smokin Aces (2006) and The A-Team (2010), director Joe Carnahan finally appears to be making good on the early promise he showed a decade ago with his sophomore film, the gritty police thriller Narc (2002). The Grey, which ... ...
Oscar de la Renta, resort 2014. The far-flung, long-winded resort collections have begun, and nobody seems too thrilled about it, least of all Oscar de la Renta. "Do you buy resort clothes?" Mr. de la Renta asked, turning toward me. The designer had gathered a small group of journalists in his showroom, one of several sessions he planned Tuesday to restore some intimacy to the hectic ...
Dior, resort 2014. Chanel and Dior have certainly upped the resort/cruise game, with Karl Lagerfeld going to Singapore for a Chanel show of cricket bats and cardigans, and Raf Simons setting down in Monaco. Like most people, I looked at both collections online and I have to say I thought Mr. Simons's Dior collection was ...
The N.F.L. receiver Plaxico Burress at the launch of his Plaxico Burress Collection of men's luxury hosiery at a New York nightclub rooftop party. "I've always considered myself a pretty stylish guy," he ...
Vivian Cheruiyot of Kenya, the world 5,000- and 10,000-meter gold medalist, said she would not defend her titles at the Moscow world championships in August. ...
Borussia Dortmund midfielder Mario Goetze pulled out of training on his comeback from a hamstring injury, putting his participation in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich in doubt. He will have a magnetic resonance imaging test before it can be determined if he can play Saturday against Bayern, the club he will join next ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
They Syrian government has said that it holds the right to respond to any Israeli violation against its sovereignty.
The Syrian foreign ministry, in a letter to the UN, Tuesday complained against the latest Israeli violation which took place earlier, Xinhua reported.
The complaint was made in the wake of an Israeli military vehicle violating the cease-fire being observed between Israel and Syria on the Golan Heights.
The army destroyed the vehicle and its occupants for crossing the cease-fire line, the Syrian ministry said, adding the measure was part of the country's right of self-defence.
Syria also urged the UN to put an end to Israel's repetitive violations.
In another statement, the Syrian army confirmed the incident and said that after the Syrian troops destroyed the vehicle, Israel responded by firing two rockets at a military site in Syria but caused no casualties.
Syria recently accused Israel of helping the rebels on ground especially after Israel carried out two air strikes against Syrian military positions over the past month.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Iran Bars Candidacies of Rafsanjani Ahmadinejad Aide
- Kerry Mideast Talks on Syria to Include Russian Call for Involving Iran
- 4 killed 68 wounded in bomb attacks in Iraq
- Hamas textbooks to teach about liberation plans
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Putin calls for fast naval deliveries
- Wheels announces first quarter 2013 results
- Editorial Four Corpus Christi port commissioners should reconsider conflict of interest
- TARGET9 Notice of Mechanics Lien filed against company financing land for Weirton Area Port Authority
- Toronto Port Authority puts off plans to fill part of Lake Ontario for Porter airport extension
- Minnesota Legislatures 2013 legacy Why
- Editorial cartoons May 21-31 2013
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his fangirls
- Somalias Displaced The Reform Test
- Minneapolis police chiefs troubling lack transparency
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Syria asserts right to respond to Israeli violations
- U.S. condemns Hezbollahs intervention in Syrian conflict
- Israel cancels UNESCO delegations visit
- PM meets union reps for National Students Week
- Hamas textbooks to teach about liberation plans