Israel has cancelled a planned visit by a UNESCO delegation to Jerusalem due to the efforts of Palestinian factions to politicise it. The Israeli foreign ministry said Monday the Palestinians were trying to turn this visit into a "fact-finding mission of Israel's moves in Jerusalem ". "The delegation's visit has been postponed, " reported Xinhua citing a source. "This was supposed to be a ...
A total of 95 people, including 23 Hezbollah members, have been killed in an intense fighting in Syria's Al-Qussair city since Saturday, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Monday. The toll comprises four civilians, 56 rebel fighters, 12 government troops and 23 fighters from the Lebanese Hezbollah militant group, Xinhua reported. The army pushed its way into al-Qussair ...
Iranian authorities have executed two men after they were charged and convicted for spying Israel and the United States. Iran has repeatedly accused Israel and the U.S. of carrying out covert intelligence operations following ongoing pressure on the country over its nuclear programme, which the Western nations suspect as being used to build an atomic weapon, despite Tehran's insistence that the ...
Staffers of Kupat Holim Meuhedet - the country's third-largest health fund - halted traffic for a short time on Tel Aviv's Ibn Gvirol Street and in Jerusalem forced their way into the manager's office in the health fund's main building on Haturim Street on Monday.The actions were taken as part of a one-day warning strike over what the workers claim is foot-dragging in ...
The Jerusalem Municipality declared on Monday that it would not allow open or latent advertising for cigarettes or other tobacco products by sponsors of the famed racing car competition Formula 1 that is scheduled to take place in capital on June 13 and 14.The municipality made the statement ...
The Brothers Grimm
The Brothers Grimm is Terry Gilliam's attempt to sell out to the Hollywood establishment by making a fully commercial movie. The fact that it doesn't quite reach sell-out status is a relief, although it isn't vintage Gilliam, either. Instead, it stands awkwardly in the mi ... ...
The Israeli government must educate the public as to how a strong natural gas export policy will not only strengthen the country's economic position globally but also create jobs at home, a United States Chamber of Commerce official ...
A new data analytics technology will enable water utilities to closely monitor water consumption patterns in order to pinpoint system glitches or leakages from afar.In partnership with Israel's Arad Metering Technologies - known for its Dialog3G and City-Mind smart water metering systems used around the world - Haifa-based IBM Research Lab scientists have developed "Big Data" ...
Venezuela’s president, Nicolas Maduro, has denied accusations that he is anti-Semitic and claimed that he is, in fact, of Sephardic Jewish descent, according to a report in the Venezuelan news ...
reported that at least seven of the dead were children from Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, which lay directly in the path of the monster storm's wall of wind. 75 students and staff members had been huddled at the school when the storm hit, said the report. As nightfall approached, determined searchers in hard hats dug in the debris for students possibly trapped, but authorities ...
The United States on Monday denounced Hezbollah for siding with the Syrian government forces in their battle against the rebels in Syria's central city of ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Expectations were high for this top of the line Hyatt product in "The Big Easy". The taxi rolled up to ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Israel has cancelled a planned visit by a UNESCO delegation to Jerusalem due to the efforts of Palestinian factions to politicise it.
The Israeli foreign ministry said Monday the Palestinians were trying to turn this visit into a "fact-finding mission of Israel's moves in Jerusalem ".
"The delegation's visit has been postponed, " reported Xinhua citing a source. "This was supposed to be a professional visit but the Palestinians have influenced the delegation and turned it into a political visit."
The UN's cultural and educational organisation (UNESCO), announced earlier the planned visit will include inspection of the preservation of holy sites and World Heritage sites in the old city of Jerusalem.
In April, Israel struck a deal with UNESCO to allow the world organisation to examine the preservation of structures in the old city. Israel also called on the organisation to postpone several resolutions against Tel Aviv.
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Past Differences Hamper US-Russian Efforts to Help Syria
- Wave of Attacks Kills At Least 76 in Iraq
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Thousands to farewell former Port Augusta Mayor Joy Baluch who died aged 80
- Dolphins persuade Navy trainers to dredge up 130-year-old torpedo
- Plebes climb of Herndon Monument completes Naval Academy rite of passage
- ‘In ORIG we trust’
- Georgia Ports Authority’s Container Traffic Up 4 Percent
- Dont judge my service industry career
- Mental illness has many faces
- Denying Genocide Wont Promote Reconciliation
- Politics in the Pub Education - the way forward
- Editorial Obama’s weak record on freedom of the press
- Google breach may have led to sensitive data leaks
- UPDATE 1-Sprint gets waiver from Softbank permitting discussions with Dish
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high school
- Yahoo reboots Flickr offers 1 terabyte of storage
- How Apple sidestepped U.S. taxes The Senates version
- US Sees Climate of Intolerance on Global Religious Freedom
- Burmese Presidents White House Visit a Reward for Reforms
- President Obama To Visit Senegal South Africa Tanzania
- Ahead of strategic dialogue US official goes to India
- Chinese hackers resume cyber attacks on U.S. companies government agencies
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Israel cancels UNESCO delegations visit
- 95 killed in Syrian violence Report
- Iran executes two alleged spies
- Meuhedet employees hold one-day warning strike
- J’lem to forbid cigarette ads during Formula 1 race