18 June 2013 150 United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment today of Major General Michel Finn, of Ireland, as head of Mission and Chief of Staff of the Jerusalem-based UN Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO), the first such operation the world body set up almost 60 years ago. "Major General Finn succeeds Major General Juha Kilpia of Finland, who will ...
The US technology giant Cisco plans to open a new research and development center in Israel, the company's CEO John Chambers said during his meeting with Israel's Minister of Finance Yair Lapid. The new centre is expected to offer 100 jobs, to be added to about 2,000 employees already work at Cisco center in Israel, reported Xinhua. Chambers Tuesday said the new project, whose main focus is ...
LOS ANGELES - James Gandolfini, the burly actor best known for his Emmy-winning portrayal of a conflicted New Jersey mob boss in the groundbreaking cable TV ...
Israel has 80 to 100 warheads, "more powerful than what was used in Hiroshima," says nuclear expert; research finds even a limited nuclear war would lead to world's temperature dropping, result in widespread ...
, Orbach jokingly suggested that the Peres’s 91st birthday next year should be the main theme at the annual torch-lighting ceremony on Yom Ha’atzmaut (Independence ...
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
Having already remade virtually all of the most venerable horror franchises of the 1970s and 1980s, Michael Bays Platinum Dunes production company has finally turned its attention to Wes Cravens innovative horror-fantasy hybrid A Nightmare on Elm Street ... ...
The opposition Free Syrian Army (FSA) reported on Wednesday that chemical weapons had been used in a Damascus town by Hizbullah terrorists and forces loyal to President Bashar ...
A KKK member from upstate New York was arrested on Tuesday after he allegedly designed a "death ray" that is meant to kill Muslims and other "enemies of ...
"This is making a joke of democracy and talking about a fundamental change as a result of the elections is funny," he added. "There is no doubt, however, that the Iranian public expressed dissatisfaction with the current leadership, which proves again that the economic pressure on Iran weakens the regime and therefore the pressure on Iran should ...
Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday said he supports U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry's efforts to revive peace talks with ...
"Deterrence has to be maintained," said Gabi Siboni, a colonel for strategic affairs at the Institute for National Security Studies in Tel Aviv. "It was only a question of time until this moment arrived." It seems the Palestinians are of like mind. As things stand, this latest round of conflict between Israel and the Palestinians was probably inevitable. Escalation and ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The US technology giant Cisco plans to open a new research and development center in Israel, the company's CEO John Chambers said during his meeting with Israel's Minister of Finance Yair Lapid.
The new centre is expected to offer 100 jobs, to be added to about 2,000 employees already work at Cisco center in Israel, reported Xinhua.
Chambers Tuesday said the new project, whose main focus is information security, would be based on knowledge accumulated at NDS, an Israeli hi-tech company acquired last year by Cisco for $5 billion.
"We would be glad to broaden cooperation with the State of Israel," said Chambers, who is on a three-day visit to Israel upon an invitation by President shimon Peres to attend the fifth Israeli Presidential Conference.
The US company's chairman is also due to meet with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Minister of Economy Naftali Bennett, Minister of Communication Gilad Erdan and Minister of Education Shai Piron.
This is the third time Chambers is visiting Israel. His last visit in March 2012 was marked by the acquisition of the TV software developer NDS.
Based in San Jose, California, Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking equipment and software. ...
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- G8 leaders back calls for Syria peace talks in Geneva
- British Court Ruling Threatens Iran Sanctions
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- 5000 Indian expats in Saudi Arabia get new jobs
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Rockmelt launches Android app with enhanced navigation
- James Gandolfini is Dead at 51
- Lawyer brilliantly bites township trying to shut his clients site
- Oz the Great and Powerful Tops Home Entertainment Charts
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia
- Fire out on Triple-E
- Nordic thrown a lifeline
- Tanker needs a tow
- Independent Publishing Houses in Mexico Promote Democratization of Books at Annual Fair
- NRI lawyer wins Iran bank case in British Supreme Court
- Michael Gerson Reinvigorating the GOP will take some imaginative leadership
- Richard Davis Airlines should do more for passengers or else
- In our opinion A darkening cloud is hanging over AG John Swallow
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Surveillance stopped at least 50 terror attacks, says NSA director
- Serena Williams apologises for insensitive and hurtful comments about teen rape victim
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Major General Finn appointed to top UN role in Jerusalem
- Cisco set to open new centre in Israel
- The Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Nuclear expert Israeli warheads are a threat to its own security
- Peres Criticized for 90th Birthday Extravaganza