Former lebanese Prime Minister and current leader of the Future Movement parliamentary bloc MP Fouad Siniora contacted on Thursday several Shiite religious and political figures as part of efforts to put an end to Hezbollah’s "dangerous" involvement in Syria Civil war ...
"It's difficult to say" if Britain was still a friend of Israel, Strategic Affairs Minister Yuval Steinitz said in an interview published in ...
Both Israel and Hamas committed war crimes and other violations of international humanitarian law during Operation Pillar of Defense in Gaza in November of last year, Amnesty International concluded in a report released on ...
Balancing a media blitz and concerns for the family's security when they return home, the organization who brought the girl to Israel say they hope she is the first of ...
The National Council of Young Israel teamed with Agri Star Meat & Poultry LLC and the Masbia organization to facilitate the delivery of 20,000 pounds of food to tornado victims in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. In the aftermath of the tornado that tore apart families, leveled neighborhoods and devastated entire communities, there is a dire need for relief and supplies, including fresh food. Upon ...
Scenes From a Marriage (Scener ur ett äktenskap) [DVD]
From the very beginning, you can tell something is wrong, just under the surface. When Marianne (Liv Ullmann) and Johan (Erland Josephson), who have been married for 10 years, sit down for a magazine interview about their perfect marriage, there is an underlying sense o ... ...
A bipartisan group of United Sates lawmakers introduced a bill that would facilitate assistance for Holocaust survivors. The legislation, which was introduced Tuesday in both the House and the Senate, would add survivors to a priority list for social services outlined in the Older Americans Act. The sponsors of the initiative, called the RUSH Act (Responding to the Urgent needs of ...
British Foreign Secretary William Hague is in Jerusalem, and met with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu Thursday. Peace between Israel and the Palestinians is a "priority," British Foreign Secretary Hague said as he was about to meet ...
The changing internal situation in Syria is putting a new set of plans into motion, which involve Israeli aggression against Syria. Not only have the US and its allies been trying to militarily buttress the retreating anti-government militias, but now they aim to create a new phase in the conflict where states start asserting leverage against Syria in place of the weakening anti-government ...
JERUSALEM -- As he embarked on another round of meetings with Israeli and Palestinian leaders on Thursday in an effort to revitalize the peace process, Secretary of State John Kerry acknowledged the doubts being expressed on both sides over his chances of ...
"This is a hard day for me," said coach Guy Luzon after naming his final 23-man squad for this summer's UEFA European Under-21 Championship on home ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
They Syrian government has said that it holds the right to respond to any Israeli violation against its sovereignty.
The Syrian foreign ministry, in a letter to the UN, Tuesday complained against the latest Israeli violation which took place earlier, Xinhua reported.
The complaint was made in the wake of an Israeli military vehicle violating the cease-fire being observed between Israel and Syria on the Golan Heights.
The army destroyed the vehicle and its occupants for crossing the cease-fire line, the Syrian ministry said, adding the measure was part of the country's right of self-defence.
Syria also urged the UN to put an end to Israel's repetitive violations.
In another statement, the Syrian army confirmed the incident and said that after the Syrian troops destroyed the vehicle, Israel responded by firing two rockets at a military site in Syria but caused no casualties.
Syria recently accused Israel of helping the rebels on ground especially after Israel carried out two air strikes against Syrian military positions over the past month.
- Iran allows eight candidates for presidential race
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Iran upgrading nuclear program IAEA
- Whats Behind the Drop in Syrian Refugees to Jordan
- Shiites urged to end Hezbollah’s involvement in Syria
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- Broadchurch Scribe Signs Deal With Elisabeth Murdochs Shine Division Kudos
- Yahoos at it again with gaming platform acquisition
- German Star Host Thomas Gottschalk Signs with RTL
- Joe Francis Apologizes for Appalling Interview With The Hollywood Reporter
- Kim Dotcom threatens to sue Twitter others over patent
- HSH Nordbank Warns Shipping Recession Will Last Into 2014
- SinOceanic Orders 10 Ships for Long-Term Charters
- Napier Orders Port Cranes From Terex Port Solutions
- Canadian Pacifics VP Marketing Sales Energy and Merchandise to address Global Transportation Conference
- Porsche forgotten on ferry in Tsawwassen by not so swift driver
- What others say Teachers show heroics during Oklahoma tornado
- Editorial Dont let Trade Center be an armed camp
- Why the Kremlin Hates Levada Center
- African Union Don’t Let Them In
- This is why Jordan cant be trusted on torture
- Call of Duty Ghosts for PS4 is coming DLC remains Xbox One exclusive
- EA will develop games for the Wii U after all
- Microsoft updates Youtube for Windows Phone app to keep Google happy
- Apple Adds Samsungs Galaxy S4 To Lawsuit
- Amazons Kindle Worlds lets fan fiction writers sell their stories
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- Over 7 in 10 Americans favour more moral policing in US Gallup Poll
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Shiites urged to end Hezbollah’s involvement in Syria
- Steinitz concerned about UK-Israel relations
- Amnesty Both Israel Hamas guilty of war crimes
- Complexities of surgery for Syrian girl in Israel
- Jewish Groups Deliver Food to Oklahoma Victims