Gerardo Parra’s first-pitch, solo home run was all Arizona needed to top Miami on Saturday. (Mike Ehrmann/Getty) Brandon McCarthy’s performance in the Diamondbacks’ 1-0 win over the Marlins on Saturday night was noteworthy in and of itself as he shut out the Marlins on three hits and a pair of walks extending his personal scoreless innings streak to 17. What gave the game ...
Some historians believe wallpaper had ancient origins, but despite its popularity among past generations it had fallen out of favor. Now some entrepreneurial wallpaper designers are stirring a renaissance of wall coverings with styles that surprise and amuse. Rita Braver reports. Photo ...
, which is perhaps the most eagerly anticipated film at this year's Cannes Film Festival and is slated for a December release. A German reporter referred to Nazism and the Holocaust before inquiring if the Coen brothers could define "Jewish ...
It seems that the world of Weird News is filled with bikinis, weenies and roots that look like Homer Simpson. Teacher Olivia Sprauer may have been fired for the swimsuit photos she posed for under the name "Victoria James" two weeks ago, but ...
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germans lamented their unexpectedly poor showing at the Eurovision Song Contest, blaming Chancellor Angela Merkel's tough stance in the euro zone crisis for their failure to win any points from 34 of the 39 countries voting. Denmark's Emmelie de Forest won the event, watched by around 125 million people across Europe, with 281 points while German act Cascada was 21st ...
The Rules of the Game (Le Règle du jeu) [DVD]
Franois Truffaut called Jean Renoirs The Rules of the Game (Le Rgle du jeu) the credo of film lovers, the film of films. Indeed, having been ranked as one of the 10 greatest films ever made on Sight & Sounds influential International Critics Poll list since its inception in 1952, the intensity with which this film is now admired and revered is matched only by the vitriol and ... ...
patent application for an oral care device that could administer chemicals when it comes into contact with a person's mouth or teeth. Among the substances listed as those that could potentially be delivered through the toothbrush is - you guessed it - caffeine, which is listed in the patent as a "homeopathic teething or inflammation soothing additive." Other substances which ...
Umbilical cord blood holds precious stem cells. At some Swiss hospitals, mothers can donate their baby's supply to research. But some labs have privatised the practice, and not everyone is sure it's worth the cost. ...
"Forty-five Seconds from Broadway" doesn't have a plot, and maybe it doesn't need one. It's as if playwright Neil Simon thought up a bunch of subplots without coming up with a main one but didn't let that stop him. The glue that holds the lighthearted, episodic comedy together is Simon's affection for his ...
Chris Lewis is founder and chief executive of Lewis PR, a global communications agency with offices in 25 cities around the world. Q. What do you remember about the first time you managed a team? A. I was 18 and working as a young mechanic for a company called Kawasaki, and I was managing a motorcycle racing team on the ...
Brussels: Critics ridiculed European Union bureaucrats on Saturday for taking time off fighting the euro zone's debt crisis to impose strict new rules on how restaurants serve olive oil.From January 1, 2014, eateries will be banned from serving oil to diners in small glass jugs or dipping bowls, and forced instead to use pre-sealed, non-refillable bottles that must be disposed of when ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Israel has warned Russia about sending arms to Syria.
Justice Minister Tzipi Livni has spoken on Channel Two television's Meet the Press to condemn shipments of arms from Russia that she said may be used against Israel.
She said: "These are not just any weapons, they are tie-breakers, and that's why there is a responsibility with all world powers, certainly Russia, not to supply such arms."
Ms Livni said Israel would defend itself should arms from Russia end up with Hezbollah.
She went on: "If Hezbollah and Iran are supporting Syria and propping the Assad regime up, then why shouldn't it transfer those weapons to Hezbollah? You don't even have to be an intelligence expert, it makes sense that they will. If you ask the Russians if these weapons will be passed on to Hezbollah, they will say: 'No, that is against Russian law.' But it's not certain that Russian law is something they will respect. So if Hezbollah can put its hands on them, it will."
Some weapons being used in the two-year-old civil war in Syria between President Assad's forces and rebel fighters are known to have come from abroad.
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Internet in Iran goes into coma ahead of presidential elections
- Saudi clerics blame Twitter for immoral souls
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
- Conclusion of the 15th Meeting of GCC Radio Stations Officials
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr -- WSJ
- Cannes Russias Glavkino Backs Pyotr Buslovs Flip-Out
- Luc Bessons EuropaCorp Chinas Fundamental to Co-Produce Transporter Films
- DreamWorks Studios Signs Additional Foreign Output Deals
- Asteroid 9 times larger than Queen Elizabeth 2 ship to sail past Earth on May 31
- Pakistani woman politician shot dead
- Pakistan holds re-polling after fraud claims
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Hundreds of shipping containers with Canadian military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- BOOK REVIEW College Unbound
- Bob Schieffer on dumb and dumber in Washington
- Tsarnaev Brothers and Americas Enemy Within
- Why Modern Growth Leads to So Much Depression
- What I Learned About Russians as an Au Pair
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Israel to return settlements land to Palestinian owners
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Comptroller set to probe PMs financial issues
- Israel must protect its Beduin citizens