WASHINGTON - The Energy Department Friday gave a conditional nod authorizing Freeport LNG Expansion, L.P. and FLNG Liquefaction, LLC (Freeport) to set up a second facility for export of domestically produced liquefied natural gas (LNG) to countries that do not have a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with the United States. The approval means that gas-hungry markets like Japan and India could start ...
TOKYO - Japan's All Nippon Airways said Friday a modified Dreamliner had suffered a "minor" setback while conducting a test flight of an aircraft this month, but assured it was not due to overheating of lithium batteries. All Nippon Airways, the Japanese airline that is the largest operator of Boeing's beleaguered Dreamliner, said an electric distribution panel overheated and blackened during ...
DHAKA - Bangladesh has re-opened hundreds of garment factories after just three days of closure following protests over pay and poor work conditions. The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association had called for the re-opening on Friday. The shutdown of factories this week was prompted by worker protests over low pay and poor working conditions sparked by the country's ...
WASHINGTON - The share of developing countries led by China and India in global investment is expected to triple by 2030 to three-fifths, from one-fifth in 2000, says the latest edition of the World Bank's Global Development Horizons (GDH) report, which explores patterns of investment, saving and capital flows as they are likely to evolve over the next two decades. Seventeen years from now, ...
LONDON - Morrisons Supermarkets, one of the major British retail chains, has entered into a 170 million pounds and 25-year agreement with Ocado Group plc ("Ocado"), to acquire its recently opened Dordon Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) in the Midlands, and lease it back with commitment to use its logistics and distribution facilities to start grocery deliveries to customers by January ...
Having already honed and perfected their unique brand of guerilla comedy in their long-running Kentucky Fried Theater and 1977's The Kentucky Fried Movie (which was directed by John Landis), it was finally time for the ZAZ team (brothers David and Jerry Zucker and their childhood friend Jim Abrahams) to make their own feature-length movie. The possibility of pulling it off seemed slim, ... ...
A Microsoft security expert said that computer viruses are on a rise worldwide once again after years of being less popular amongst computer attackers. In a report by Fox news, the security expert Tim Rains said that although viruses were less chosen to attack systems by hackers nowadays as they used other forms of threats, but recently Microsoft security has observed that viruses are on a rise ...
The website and Twitter account of the Financial Times have been hacked, apparently by activists who support the Syrian government. The Syrian Electronic Army claimed responsibility for the attack, in which the hackers published messages in support of President Bashar al Assad and posted a link to a YouTube video. "Syrian Electronic Army Was Here," the group boasted on one of the ...
By Daniel BasesNEW YORK (Reuters) - Europe's top trade official for the first time late on Friday officially cited Chinese mobile telecommunications equipment makers Huawei and ZTE Corp for violating anti-dumping and anti-subsidy guidelines.European Union Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht said he was prepared to launch a formal investigation into anti-competitive behaviour by these Chinese ...
Billionaire investor Ron Burkle extended an olive branch to a fellow director of Morgans Hotel Group yesterday in hopes of reviving a bungled plan to take over the hotel chain’s posh Delano property in Miami’s South Beach neighborhood. A lawyer for Burkle’s private-equity firm, Yucaipa, laid out a plan to let the angry director, Jason Kalisman, take the lead in a controversial ...
Yahoo! is considering up to a $1 billion bid for Tumblr, the company that was founded by CEO David Karp and is headquartered in the Flatiron District, according to reports.Word of a potential deal was first reported yesterday by AllThingsD and Adweek.A billion-dollar price tag for the blogging platform that hosts more than 100 million sites would be a reflection of how far New York has come in ...
On the record
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Russia and Israel will continue cooperation in an effort to resolve the situation in Syria, Russian President Vladimir Putin said following talks with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
"We agreed to continue contacts - both on the personal level and between our organizations, special services," Putin said.
The talks also involved Russian Foreign Intelligence Service chief Mikhail Fradkov and defence ministry representatives.
The Russian president said he and Netanyahu agreed that continuation of the armed conflict in Syria is fraught with pernicious consequences both for that country and the entire region.
Putin urged all the parties concerned to try not to aggravate the situation in Syria.
"A negative scenario may only be prevented by the earliest termination of the armed conflict and transition to a political settlement," Putin said.
"It is particularly important to avoid any actions that may sway the situation," he added.
It was not immediately clear whether the two leaders discussed arms deliveries to Damascus.
A high-ranking source in Jerusalem told RIA Novosti that Netanyahu would discuss Russian weapons supplies to Syria. Israel's Haaretz daily said Netanyahu was likely to ask Putin not to supply advanced S-300 air defence missile systems to Syria. ...
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- Bomb blasts in Iraq kill scores of people
- Russian cruise missiles sent to Syria
- 15 killed 57 wounded in bombings in Baghdad
- Syria conference should be held as soon as possible Ban says during visit to Russia
- Proposal for second US LNG export terminal gets nod
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Bangladesh garment factories reopen within days of shutdown
- Share of developing nations in investments set to triple by 2030
- Ocado enters sale and lease back deal with Morrisons for Dordon facility
- JLo named chief creative officer of Latin TV network
- Cannes L.A. Film Noir With Smiths Tunes Hits The Market
- Cannes Peter Mullans Paradise Creates Buyer Buzz
- Bona Reports 78 Percent Year-on-Year Drop in Net Income for Q1
- DirecTV reportedly wants to buy Hulu again
- Three held for murders of Indian-origin couple in Guyana
- Indian origin woman in Trinidad sells winning lottery ticket
- Traffic Fuel tanker overturns on OBT closing SB lanes at Taft-Vineland
- Blurring the lines between budget premium and luxury ships
- Free ferry trips to Maria Island
- Understanding Pakistani politics the chicken way
- IRS breaks the rules
- Kerry confront China on human rights
- Editorial €300000 worth of jewellery swiped so many explanations
- Editorial Wake up the IRS watchdogs
- Infosys unlikely to give salary hike to IT staff
- Report Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Yahoo to consider $1.1B price tag for Tumblr this Sunday -- report
- Yahoo to vote on $1.1 billion Tumblr buy AllThingsD
- Ready for Windows 8 Were just starting on Win 7 says Dell
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- US president calls for more embassy security funding
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scribbled note in boat as munhunt was on
- 60 hurt as US trains collide New York-Boston corridor closed
- Iranian Wrestlers Abruptly Leave US Early
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Lisbon to hold first Jewish film festival
- Church of Scotland amends disputed Israel paper
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews protest in Jerusalem over army enlistment plans
- France West should place decisive sanctions against Iran
- Drawings from Nazi Camp Displayed at Berlin Museum