18 June 2013 150 United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment today of Major General Michel Finn, of Ireland, as head of Mission and Chief of Staff of the Jerusalem-based UN Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO), the first such operation the world body set up almost 60 years ago. "Major General Finn succeeds Major General Juha Kilpia of Finland, who will ...
In meeting with EU foreign policy chief, PM takes swipe for not blacklisting Hezbollah; ahead of Kerry visit says EU undermining efforts by focusing on settlements; calls on EU to pressure Iran over nuclear ...
The state's key witness in the Bar Noar murder case let his safe house on Thursday without telling police and has not yet been located, Tel Aviv police said Thursday.Officers are using all means at their disposal to find the man, they added, and have notified airport authorities to deal with the possibility he may try to flee the ...
Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs John Baird, who is in Jerusalem attending the 2013 Presidential Conference, spoke to Arutz Sheva regarding the strong ties that exist between the two countries. Barid called the conference an "exciting opportunity to strengthen [the] relationship" between Israel and Canada. "Israel has no greater friend in the world than Canada," ...
The artificial sweetener "mannitol" may prevent the collection of toxins in the brain, and could ultimately lead to a new treatment for Parkinson's disease, according to new research at Tel Aviv University. Professors Ehud Gazit and Daniel Segal, both at the Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology and the Sagol School of Neuroscience, published their findings ...
You Can Count On Me [DVD]
Playwright and screenwriter Kenneth Lonergan's directorial debut, You Can Count On Me, is a bittersweet drama about the affectionate, but strained relationship between two siblings whose parents died in a car accident when they were children. No information is given on how they grew up, but 18 years later, the older sister, Sammy (Laura Linney), is a single mother who still lives in he ... ...
2013 Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report released Wednesday by Secretary of State John Kerry. The report is considered the world’s most comprehensive resource of governmental anti-human trafficking efforts. It is the second year in a row that Israel has received a "Tier 1" ranking for the government's efforts to prevent human trafficking, prosecute offenders, and protect ...
A KKK member from upstate New York was arrested on Tuesday after he allegedly designed a "death ray" that is meant to kill Muslims and other "enemies of ...
'Washington Free Beacon' cites indictment by the Argentine government prosecutor accusing the Iranian government of directing the bombing; says Iranian president-elect connected to decision to launch ...
UNESCO, the United Nations' organ which aims to promote international cooperation in the field of science and culture, announced that it has included Yad Vashem's database of the names and stories of those who have perished in the Holocaust as part of its Memory of the World Register.This marks the first time that UNESCO has included an Israeli archival collection in its ...
Rabbi Moshe Greenberg, director of Chabad-Lubavitch of Bnei Brak and noted for continuing Jewish education activities despite a ban under Communist rule, passed away on Tuesday at age 84. Rabbi Greenberg passed on the eve of Yud-Beis Tamuz, the anniversary on the Jewish calendar celebrating the release of the sixth Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak Schneerson -- his mentor -- from prison ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The US technology giant Cisco plans to open a new research and development center in Israel, the company's CEO John Chambers said during his meeting with Israel's Minister of Finance Yair Lapid.
The new centre is expected to offer 100 jobs, to be added to about 2,000 employees already work at Cisco center in Israel, reported Xinhua.
Chambers Tuesday said the new project, whose main focus is information security, would be based on knowledge accumulated at NDS, an Israeli hi-tech company acquired last year by Cisco for $5 billion.
"We would be glad to broaden cooperation with the State of Israel," said Chambers, who is on a three-day visit to Israel upon an invitation by President shimon Peres to attend the fifth Israeli Presidential Conference.
The US company's chairman is also due to meet with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Minister of Economy Naftali Bennett, Minister of Communication Gilad Erdan and Minister of Education Shai Piron.
This is the third time Chambers is visiting Israel. His last visit in March 2012 was marked by the acquisition of the TV software developer NDS.
Based in San Jose, California, Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking equipment and software. ...
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- UNESCO adds 6 Syrian sites in List of World Heritage in Danger
- British Court Ruling Threatens Iran Sanctions
- Tourism Protests Keep New Luxor Governor Away in Egypt
- 5000 Indian expats in Saudi Arabia get new jobs
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- How European Public Broadcasters Cash Crunch Affects Hollywood
- Southeast Asia e-tailer Lazada raises $100M in funding
- LinkedIn suffers site outage due to DNS issue
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Microsoft Reverses Decision to Impose Restrictions on Used Games for Xbox One
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia
- New boss at Nordic Tankers
- Australia Infrastructure Heavyweights Compete for Melbourne Port Project
- QSL Bundaberg Port Needs More Dredging
- Independent Publishing Houses in Mexico Promote Democratization of Books at Annual Fair
- NRI lawyer wins Iran bank case in British Supreme Court
- The EU and Azerbaijan Mismatched Objectives
- New York Times hides abortion editorial on the front page
- Green Left Weekly Mega Campaigning Stall
- Leaseweb denies acting in bad faith in Megaupload deletion
- Microsoft was in advanced talks to buy Nokia this month
- World Pirate Bay founder sentenced to 2 years in Sweden hacking case
- An app that lets women rate ex-boyfriends
- Former Vodafone exec to head Airtels consumer biz
- US president plans talks with Russia on reducing nuclear weapons
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Irish public support attack on U.S. president and family
- Surveillance stopped at least 50 terror attacks, says NSA director
- Miss USA 2013 contestants too skinny says ex pageant winners
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Major General Finn appointed to top UN role in Jerusalem
- PM to Ashton If Hezbollah is not a terrorist group who is
- States key witness in Bar Noar murder case disappears
- Baird Israel Has No Greater Friend Than Canada
- Artificial Sweetener May Lead to New Parkinsons Treatment