Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): The United States on Monday denounced Hezbollah for siding with the Syrian government forces in their battle against the rebels in Syria's central city of al-Qussair. State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said his country condemned the "direct intervention" by the Shiite militant group in neighboring Lebanon, as its fighters were playing "a significant role" ...
Israel has cancelled a planned visit by a UNESCO delegation to Jerusalem due to the efforts of Palestinian factions to politicise it. The Israeli foreign ministry said Monday the Palestinians were trying to turn this visit into a "fact-finding mission of Israel's moves in Jerusalem ". "The delegation's visit has been postponed, " reported Xinhua citing a source. "This was supposed to be a ...
A total of 95 people, including 23 Hezbollah members, have been killed in an intense fighting in Syria's Al-Qussair city since Saturday, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Monday. The toll comprises four civilians, 56 rebel fighters, 12 government troops and 23 fighters from the Lebanese Hezbollah militant group, Xinhua reported. The army pushed its way into al-Qussair ...
LONDON (AFP) - Low-cost European airline Ryanair is looking at introducing flights between Israel and Poland to cater for Israeli schoolchildren visiting the former Nazi death camp at Auschwitz."It seems that every Israeli child has to go to Poland to go and see Auschwitz. We can help them with that," said the carrier's deputy chief executive, Howard Millar.Although Ryanair is ...
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Britain said on Tuesday it had asked the European Union to put the military wing of Islamist group Hezbollah on its list of terrorist organisations.Britain's request came after Bulgaria accused the Lebanese militant movement on February 5 of carrying out a bomb attack on a bus in the Black Sea city of Burgas that killed five Israelis and their Bulgarian driver in July ...
Alice in Wonderland (2010) [Blu-Ray]
Alice in Wonderland, a trippy reimagining of Lewis Carrolls Victorian-era nonsensical classics Alices Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, continues director Tim Burtons curious quest to reinvent childrens movies via his own warped im ... ...
This citizen journalism image provided by Qusair Lens, which has been authenticated based on its contents and other AP reporting, shows a Syrian man checking his destroyed house that was damaged by a Syrian forces air strike in the town of Qusair, near the Lebanon border, Homs province, Syria, Tuesday, May 21, 2013. Several members of Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group died of wounds ...
ALTERNATE CROP -- Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, center, attends the weekly cabinet meeting in Jerusalem, Israel, May 19, 2013. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, whose air force struck suspected weapons shipments to Hezbollah from Damascus twice this month, warned at a weekly Cabinet meeting Sunday that Israel is prepared for any eventuality in Syria. (AP Photo/Ronen ...
Damascus, May 21 (Prensa Latina) The General Command of Syria's Army and Armed Forces warned today that any violation of national sovereignty by Israel will meet with a response, after a vehicle from that country which illegally crossed the border was destroyed. A communique from the high military command explained that early Tuesday morning an Israeli vehicle with its passengers was ...
Commentator article Ahmed Abdel-Raheem is an Egyptian artist and a PhD student who works as a lecturer at Al-Lith College for Girls, Um Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia, according to his byline on the website of ...
AMMAN - Jordan has turned away thousands of Syrian refugees in the past week in the first such clampdown since the crisis in Syria began more than two years ago, diplomats, activists and aid workers said on Tuesday.Jordan, due to host an international conference on Syria on Wednesday, has already taken in 473,587 Syrians out of a total of 1.5 million who have fled the conflict in an exodus that ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Israel HeraldIsrael Herald | Insightful News & Articles focusing on Israel
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Israel Herald is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Israel news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Israel news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Israel news, the weather forecast for Israel you'll find it all in the Israel Herald.
From Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem, the Israel Herald should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): The United States on Monday denounced Hezbollah for siding with the Syrian government forces in their battle against the rebels in Syria's central city of al-Qussair.
State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell said his country condemned the "direct intervention" by the Shiite militant group in neighboring Lebanon, as its fighters were playing "a significant role" in the government's offensive in al-Qussair.
"We reject Hezbollah's efforts to escalate violence inside Syria and incite instability in Lebanon," he told reporters at a regular press briefing.
"We continue to fully support Lebanon's stated policy of disassociation from the Syrian crisis and urge all parties in the region to act with restraint and respect for Lebanon's stability and security," he added.
Washington has branded Hezbollah as a terrorist group allied with Iran and the Syrian government headed by President Bashar al-Assad.
In an interview published Sunday, al-Assad denied allegations that Hezbollah has helped fight the rebels.
Ventrell also slammed the Syrian government's "intense air and artillery strikes" on al-Qussair over the weekend, accusing it of "deliberately" provoking sectarian tensions through its assaults. ...
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- 4 killed 68 wounded in bomb attacks in Iraq
- Past Differences Hamper US-Russian Efforts to Help Syria
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- ATT Sprint waive overage fees for Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cannes Metrodome Takes Lukas Moodyssons We Are the Best
- Pandora now lets you listen to albums before theyre released
- Worlds Collide The New Data-Focused CMOs and Their CIO Counterparts
- Cannes In a Better World Girl with Dragon Tattoo Producers Unite for Viking Epic
- Aldar hands out contract for second Yas marina
- Dell’s Pocket-Sized Ophelia Computer To Ship In July
- Postmaster the Only Intelligent Cross-Carrier Shipping Platform Announces Partnership With Lone Star Overnight
- Navy dolphins find rare torpedo buried in ocean floor
- Navios Maritime Holdings Reports Net Loss of $10.2 Million
- Minnesota Legislature yields mixed results
- Catholic nuns put faith before church hierarchy
- The Starfleet Divide The Star Trek Universe Revisits One Of Its Great Debates
- At L.A.s UnCabaret 25 Years Of Letting It All Hang Out
- The Little Metronome That Wouldnt
- Facebook booked over group exhorting cow slaughter
- Anonymous threat leads to Guantanamo WiFi shutdown
- Netflix wont release a Blackberry 10 app
- Apples iPhone and iPad chips generate 83 percent of Samsungs processor revenue
- HTC One with stock Android incoming to challenge Samsung
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- US senators approve immigration changes requiring fingerprint system at 30 airports
- Obama admin to hand over some CIA drone operations to Pentagon
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Israel Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- U.S. condemns Hezbollahs intervention in Syrian conflict
- Israel cancels UNESCO delegations visit
- 95 killed in Syrian violence Report
- Ryanair mulls Poland-Israel route for Auschwitz trips
- Britain asks EU to put Hezbollah military wing on terror list